UPDATE: As of August 2020, we are no longer offering private instruction in the home to new clients. Please consider our day training and board and train options.
Enjoy one-on-one instruction in the privacy of your home with one of our skilled instructors. Private lessons are a great way to receive specialized help on potty training, not jumping on people, come when called, and many more obedience fundamentals.
Private Lesson Pricing
Private lessons may be scheduled one at a time, or as packages. Private lesson pricing is as follows:
- Pay as You Go (Per Lesson) - $95
- Package of 5 Lessons (10% off - must be used in 3 months) - $427.50
- Package of 10 Lessons (10% off - must be used in 6 months) - $855.00
- Package of 20 Lessons (10% off - must be used in 12 months) - $1710.00
Individual lessons and packages must be prepaid.
Private Lesson Scheduling
Please choose the date and time for your private lesson carefully. Consistency is key to your dog’s training success. Because we want to see you reach your training goals, and because we keep our case load small to provide personalized support toward those goals, we will begin charging a $25 fee for missed or canceled training sessions effective March 1, 2020. In the event you need to reschedule your lesson, kindly give 24 hours’ notice to Marti at 561-906-6417.
Private Lessons at JARC
Discount lessons ($75 for 45 minutes) are available on Wednesday nights from 6:30 - 8:30 pm at Jewish Association for Residential Care, 21160 95th Ave S., Boca Raton FL.
In order to schedule a private lesson please call Marti at 561-906-6417.
If you have any questions please contact us via the form on our contact page.
Private Lesson Guidelines
For private lesson procedures, please read the Private Lesson Guidelines below. If you have any questions, please contact us via the form on our contact page.
1. Please contact Marti at 561-906-6417 to schedule for a private lesson. All lessons must be prepaid. You may purchase them through the Store, receive an invoice via PayPal (let us know if this is your preference), or mail a check made out West Palm Dog to: Marti Hohmann, 13496 Fountain View Blvd, Wellington FL 33414.
2. Please start to feed your dog by hand at least 20 pieces of dog food or small treats daily. Say the word “Yes” just before you give your dog the food or treat.
4. Please do not feed your dog for 4-6 hours prior to the appointment, even if you believe he or she is always hungry.
5. Please supply the trainer with 30-50 small, soft, tasty training treats or pieces of meat or cheese.
6. Please have your dog on leash or securely crated when the trainer enters your home. The trainer does not need to see behaviors like jumping up or barking to help you. If you would like, you may send video prior to the appointment to email@example.com.
7. Your trainer may suggest a collar or harness available for you to purchase after your appointment, or in subsequent appointments. Some items are available for purchase in our Store. Should you buy from the store, we never charge for shipping, and returns are cheerfully accepted.
8. Please do not give your trainer cash or checks or book subsequent appointments directly with the trainer. Please do not share a personal cell phone number with the trainer, or request the trainer's personal contact information.
9. Subsequent appointments with the trainer (or another West Palm Dog trainer) must be made through Marti at 561-906-6417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
10. Please be aware that trainers are available only at designated times of the week. If you would like to book a lesson, please do so at least 48 hours prior to the date of your choice.
11. Private lesson pricing is as follows:
- Pay as You Go (Per Lesson) $95
- Package of 5 Lessons – 10% off $427.50 Must be used in 3 months
- Package of 10 Lessons – 10% off $855 Must be used in 6 months
- Package of 20 Lessons – 10% off $1710 Must be used in 12 months
Individual lessons and packages must be prepaid.
12. Kindly give 48 hours’ notice if you need to reschedule your appointment. Call Marti at 561-906-6417. Cancellation requests must be received 24 hours prior to the cancellation. Late cancellations are subject to a $25 fee.
13. West Palm Dog does not intervene in cases of dog aggression, thunderstorm phobia, separation anxiety, or other instances of canine behavior issues. We offer this referral if you need help with behavior issues:
Florida Veterinary Behavior Service
14. We encourage you to video moments you would like to remember during your private lesson. Your trainer may video you working with your dog so you can see your technique, measure your dog's responsiveness, and remember what to practice between sessions.
15. Practice with your dog daily for at least 10-15 minutes. The more you practice, the better your dog will do. Integrate obedience into your regular routine. Ask your dog to Sit for the food bowl, before going outside, before you put on the leash, etc. Your dog will then begin to understand obedience as a way to manage his happy relationship with you, and not as a series of tricks he does when you have a treat in your hand.